Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Salute "The Vicks from Wisconsin"

My husband and I spent this past Labor Day weekend at Carolina Beach, NC with some of his family from Wisconsin. His cousin Ben got married and had asked Todd to perform the ceremony.

I met the Vicks on Friday and was very sad to leave them on Monday. Bob and Karen Vick are Todd's uncle and aunt. Bob is Todd's dad's younger brother. Bob and Karen have 3 children: Ben, Kim, and Mike. Ben is the one who got married on Sunday to Joneen. They have 2 daughters: Megan and Kaylynn-welcome to the family. Kim is married to Denis. They have 2 children: Joseph and Chloe. Mike's the youngest and is married to Kim. Brandon is their only child.

Ben is going to do real well with his new family. He's a sweet and great guy.

Kim is a trip. We had fun and got along well. Can you say "party"?

Mike is a cutie. He's sweet and fun too. Thanks for the dance Mikey. Looking forward to "hanging out" with you guys again one day. We'll get Todd to sing karoke again and just maybe Mike will finally talk me into singing too, since he "knows" that I can sing decently.

I was welcomed to their family with open arms. They are my kind of people. Laid back, affectionate, friendly, family oriented, etc...they know how to have fun. They're good people.

I want to thank them for making me feel very welcomed to their family. Thank you for the meals, drinks and fun. Our love to all of you. We miss you all already and we had a wonderful time. It meant a lot to Todd to be able to perform the ceremony and to be with all of you again. Thank you for that opportunity. Look forward to the next time.

No comments: