Thursday, November 02, 2006

He's Gone :-(

If you ever read my husbands blog some of you may know that he left to go to Wisconsin this morning. His grandmother had a massive stroke and is not expected to recover from it. He will be performing the funeral service for her when she passes. I would have liked to have been with him, but my son is having surgery next week plus I probably wouldn't have been able to find someone to stay with the other kids that long. Besides airline tickets cost a good bit. He made it to Wisconsin where Ben (his cousin) met him at the airport. They were going to drive onto Madison. Todd called when he got off the plane and said, "Now I remember why I don't live here anymore-it's COLD!" My honey will be gone for at least a week-Boo.....maybe longer. At least he was able to visit StarBucks Coffee at the Savannah airport.

I'm actually going to be by myself this weekend-yay-kids are going to their dad's house. So I can crank up the music if I want too without annoying them or my husband.

Even though this is a sad time for Todd, I really hope that he is able to enjoy being up there and spending time with his family. The Vicks are great people and I look forward to seeing them again. My prayers and love are with all of you. Todd, I'll see you when you get home. Relax and enjoy yourself too. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw...you're the best!

James said...

We'll keep Todd in our prayers...