Saturday, January 21, 2006

Remembering December 2003

That was the month and year that God sent me an angel-though I didn't know it at the time.

Considering I was divorced and had been through hell already, I had gotten myself involved with someone and at that time had been with him 3 years. The relationship had taken its toll on me. It had started showing signs of physical abuse because he had pushed me on 3 different occansions when we got into arguements. Brian was also very immature. It was like having another child around. He needed a mother-not a girlfriend or wife. By Dec of 03 I was so stressed over this relationship. I met some people through my son because he was friends with their child. I started attending some church activities with them and such and thats where I met him-my angel-my future-even though I didn't know it at the time. He was about to go through a divorce, and from my understanding he wasn't to crazy about the idea of the dating sence. According to one of my friends, he took an interest in me. Brian, my boyfriend at the time, was an extremely jealous person and was giving me a hard time about spending time with my friends even if it was doing church related things and having his kids with me-he didn't seem to like it. My friends bascially helped me realize that I didn't need that in my life again. Ya know, it's not like I didn't know it-I just dont' like hurting people.

Jan. 6 of 04-I finally asked him to leave. He pitched a fit-it really didn't surprise me. It scared me though because he had a really bad temper too. He couldn't understand why. Guys usually dont'. I told him that the first time he put his hands on me that was when my feelings for him started changing-he still didn't get it. I guess for some people it needs to be spelled out or something. So he left. He bothered me awhile with phone calls until "My Angel" finally had a word of prayer with him. My angel is now my current husband. His name is Todd.

I can get lost in the memories of thinking about when I met Todd and how it all came about. I really wasn't looking for another relationship after I had Brian leave. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Todd just kinda swept me off my feet-thats the only way to really explain it. It all happened so fast. I have never been treated so kindly, so good in all my life by a man. He says the sweetest things. He's done the sweetest things for me. I'm not use to it. I don't feel that I deserve to be treated so good. But that is just who he is. I know that he loves me very much. Todd, don't ever change. Your the best of the best. I love you-My Angel.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Think about your group of friends from high school. Got 'em? Maybe there are several of them. Maybe a motley crew, but...the memories that you have about them come flooding back in an instant.

Now, you now how I think about your husband, Todd. He's a great guy! Take care of him!

C