Monday, May 15, 2006

A Big Thanks To My Husband's Friends

This past Friday evening my husband and four of his friends got together at our house. He went to high school with these guys and has stayed in contact with them all these years. One of the guys, Jay, he has known basically all his life. Jay was down here visiting from Seattle. They watched movies and caught up with each other on things. These guys have no idea how much my honey needed that time with his "Buds. ' Todd really had a wonderful evening with you guys.

Jay, I want to thank you personally for being there for Todd through a lot of things in his life. He thinks a lot of you and loves you as apart of his family. He is very lucky that he has had you in his life. A true friend is so hard to find these days.

I think it would be great if you guys tried to have a get together at least once a year. I think that it would do all of y'all good to do that.

Anyway, George and Chuck-it was so nice to finally meet you. It was nice to finally have a face to go with names that I've heard so much about. I look forward to seeing you again. Rick, it was good to see you. I know I'll be seeing you around. And Jay, I really hate that you live so far away. I'm glad that you don't let distance get in the way of the friendship. It was really good seeing you again and looking forward to the next visit. Don't be a stranger. To all of y'all-Thank you for coming and reminiscing with my husband. We'll have to get together and do it again. I enjoyed meeting and seeing all of you.

Next time we need to make sure we have a camera!

3 comments:

James said...

Tracy, you said some kind things and I am grateful and humbled. I thank you, too, for being there for Todd when he needed someone. I thank you for doing such a good job supporting my friend these past few years when I could not be there. I have enjoyed getting to know you and look forward to getting to know you better in the years to come. The evening in your home was one of the best I have had in some time. -Jay

Tracy said...

My pleasure, Mr. Kirk. Our home is always open to you and yours whenever and whereverwe may be. Thank you, Jay, for the compliment.

Chuck said...

Tracy - It was great to meet you too (Finally)!! Todd is a really awesome guy. BTW, Columbia needs more brunch spots.