Monday, February 05, 2007

Nothing In Particular

It's been a little over two months since I last blogged. A lot has happened in those two months. In December we moved back to the Columbia area-Leesville actually. We now live right around the corner from my grandmother which has proved to be a blessing. And visits with the children and such has resumed back to normal. I went back to work at NHC HealthCare. Todd eventually went back to work for Papa John's and is currently an assistant manager. I know that is something that he did not want to do and it wasn't for his lack of trying to get another job. It just seemed that nobody was interested in hiring him even with his qualifications. He went to many job interviews that went really well, just nothing ever came out of any of them. He was disappointed every time. While Papa John's is not a glamorous job, it is a steady paycheck and stability. Plus he could become a general manager soon which could be beneficial for us.

We had a quiet Christmas. All the children were with their other parents this year. First time that I've ever been away from my children at Christmas time, but it was okay. They were all with the other parent for a week. Even though Todd and I were working, it was nice coming home at times to peace and quiet-no children under feet, no homework or baths-just not use to it. I was always expecting to hear a child say "Mama-Matt won't leave me alone" or something to that effect. But it was nice to have "just me" time. A few days after Christmas we got together with some of our friends at Lori's mother's house. It was so nice to see all of them again. I met for the first time Ralph and his wife. They seem like good people-easy to talk to. Tim and Angela, Mike and his wife and of course James and Caryn Kirk. It's always a pleasure to see these folks. If I left anyone out-I apologize. I believe that is the only time that Todd and I ever have any real adult time with other adults-that's pretty bad. We should try to get together more than once a year.

So since then I've already been sick once and am currently feeling bad and it's just been about work, kids, taking care of Grandmama, trying to stay well, etc...same stuff day after day.

One last thing: My heart and prayers go out to our friend Jay whose Grandmother had a stroke. Thankfully it didn't do any damage. She has now relocated to a nursing home and I pray she's doing well. I pray for healing and good health for her.

Love to all!!!!!!

No comments: